Yesterday, looking out of the window, we saw what we thought was a large swan landing in the stream . Suddenly she took off and came closer , landing in our pond to feast on the carp and we realised that she was a beautiful heron. Many herons stop by for lunch but this is the first time I have seen a pure white one; so beautiful she was. We rushed to get the camera, but they are so aware of any movement and she took off! the picture I have posted is courtesy of the net -- perhaps another day....
Living in the countryside is so peaceful. We are lucky here as we have the best of both worlds -we are surrounded by greenery, yet within walking distance (2kms) of a bustling town. One of my New Year's resolutions was to walk into the shops instead of driving - well I made it with all good intentions, however perhaps when Spring arrives.
- MORE ABOUT ALEX
- THE WHITE HERON
- SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW............
- TRUTH -- poem for wednesday
- MEN AT WORK ON THE POOL
- SUNDAY IN FRANCE
- PLEASE NOTE Any poems or writings attributed to A...
- CHERRY RIPE
- BLOWING A RASPBERRY!
- THANK GOODNESS!
- Evening in France
- BEDROOM SCENE
- Poem for today
- Derran Brown mindreader or majician ?
- My Lovely three dogs
- CHILD LOST
- last excerpt from " Eunuchs of the World Unite"
- not all sad
- 2nd and 3rd of the three poems - 1973
- Memories of a man I once shared my life with
- ▼ Jan (21)