Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THANK GOODNESS!

Fantastic! It feels good, doesn't it? Just knowing that the future is a little more secure in the hands of a good man. I wonder how he felt when he awoke this morning? All that weight ! Did he feel that? and his family? Such a responsibility - not many men would trade places. But we all felt better didn't we! Except for the cynics - but then they are only happy disagreeing with the majority.
So the next phase begins..........

In my little corner of the world I have been going bonkers trying to find the right containment fencing to keep my dogs from going AWOL! The choices are many, I am thinking right now of the hidden fencing with the correction control collar? Anyone had good results from that? The area I want to cover is about 2 acres so we need a lot of wire , and patience to do ' the training' that's needed. HEY HO!

Before I go I would like to post a quick-th-make recipe from Marianne Rowley a friend of a friend of a friend

METTE'S SNICKERS CAKE
Ingredients

3 egg whites - whisked until stiff
300 ml caster sugar
20 Ritz biscuits- crushed
250 ml peanuts - chopped

method
Mix it all. Spoon the mixture into a greased and floured 23cm round spring form cake tin, with a removable base.
Bake in the oven at 190°c for 20-30 mins. Cool down. Remember to leave the cake in the tin until you have added one of the toppings.

Topping 1-- 300ml whipped double cream ( no sugar)
or
Topping 2 --
60g butter
150g plain chocolate
1 tsp coffee
melt this in a saucepan-- cool down then add
3 egg yolks and 2 tbsp sugar

WOW! Not good for dieters ( smile)

Bye for now, speak soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes Delphine, thank goodness!

    (I'm French, born in Paris from two French parents but I spent part of my childhood in Singapore. In the mid sixties it was still very British... English is more than a second language to me, almost a second mother tongue - although I do make mistakes of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete